Portugal is a peaceful and welcoming country with a long tradition of successful integration of foreign communities. Now, it also has one of the best programmes for obtaining residence permits for foreign investors.
In exchange for investment in Portugal, a Residence Permit is issued (GOLDEN VISA) offering to the holder:
• Exemption from other visa requirements to enter Portugal
• The right to live and work in Portugal, while maintaining residence in another country
• Exemption from visa requirements to travel within the Schengen Area
• Family reunion.
Holders of Golden Visas can extend these benefits to direct family members.
In order to be eligible for the programme, an investor must invest in Portugal in one of three ways:
• Acquire property with a minimum value of €500,000
• Transfer capital with a minimum value of €1,000,000
• Create 10 jobs
The type of investment may be changed during the investment period. The property acquired may be rented and generate income for the investor.
Investors must not have any prior criminal record in the Schengen Area or country of origin. They are required to stay, on average, 7 days a year in Portugal.